Q: My car won't start but does make noise

Early this week I tried to turn on my car and it wouldn't start. It worked the day before. It makes the usual noise when turning the key but fails to actually start. My friend tried to jump it but it was more of the same. I know I still have at least some power because my dashboard lights up and the battery and engine light come on when the key is turned to the first position. I also noticed a small amount of corrosion on the positive battery cable.

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2008 Toyota Yaris to crank but not start. The most likely is the battery, fuel pump, battery terminals, starter, battery cables, ignition switch, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your crank no start and make any repairs required to get your vehicle running normally again.