Q: How do side curtain air bags work?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do side curtain air bags work?

If your Accord has side curtain air bags, they’re designed to deploy during a moderate or severe impact. They will inflate and deflate very quickly, curtaining off the entire side of the vehicle (window edge to window edge).

• The air bag will inflate on the side where the impact occurs (passenger side air bag will inflate when the passenger side is impacted).

• It’s possible for the side curtain air bags to deploy in a severe front end collision if the front air bags are also deployed.

• Side curtain air bags are designed to work in conjunction with seat belts and a proper sitting position in the seat.