Q: car overheating 225

I bought this car with "no issues" well the heat didn't work and it was running about 215 220 degrees on the way home. I've flushed it multiple times because of rust and dexcool gunk. I've replaced the thermostat, dismantled and checked the water pump, ran compression tests, checked coolant pressure for leaks and everything is good, I also ran water through the system via multiple hoses and I get water flow everywhere. I now get heat but it's still hotter than normal, I never let it get above 225. Today I got plates so I drove around awhile the heat worked until temp hit 205 then just stopped. It got to about 205 210 before I got home, I turned off the car to let it cool and once it got below 200 the heat worked again. I'm soo confused with all this.

Normal engine operating temperature is up to 225 degrees. As long as you are not over that value, the engine is not overheating. Intermittent cabin heat means there is an obstruction in the coolant flow and that obstruction can be due to a problem with the heater control valve, a hose that is collapsing at times, or air pockets in the system possibly due to coolant boiling within the engine or exhaust gases leaking in to the coolant. You should test for exhaust in the coolant and coolant in the exhaust. Thermostats are really important and can be damaged by overheating, by the way. The safest practice is to always use an OEM dealer supplied thermostat. It is not worth it trying to save a few dollars on an aftermarket part in this case. If you have excluded a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt, consider engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition which can also cause overheating. Also, issues with sticking brakes, underinflated tires and transmission faults can be causes of overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. car overheating 225