Q: VSC TRAC, TRAC, AND BRAKE LIGHTS ON NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND NO ABS LIGHT NO CODES

asked by on February 18, 2018

I just bought this car a couple weeks ago and the TRAC OFF, VSC TRAC and brake lights are all on, and no codes found with the OBDII scanner. I have had a few cars with this problem and I have not figured it out on any of them, all of the cars were auction vehicles, This car is different then the past ones, it does not have an ABS or check engine light on My car has an automatic transmission.

Following up on your previous question, in your circumstance the required scan tool is the factory Toyota scan tool. Although there "might" be aftermarket OBD-II scan tools, I doubt they would have the capability of the factory tool that is used at dealers and elsewhere. If after using the Toyota specific scan tool, you see that there are literally no stored diagnostic codes (not a likely outcome by the way), then the fallback procedure is to use the diagnostic decision tree printed in the factory service manual. If you were to request a diagnostic, this is the exact procedure that a YourMechanic technician would follow (in addition to looking at the TSB’s). In lieu of having the scan tool, on a DIY basis, you definitely can use that diagnostic decision tree published in the Service Manual and, sometimes, the issue will come into view quickly if, say, the fault is in a component like a wheel speed sensor. In particular, wheel sensor output can be measured on lots of readily available tools. If you have further questions or concerns, we are always here to help you. If you want a YourMechanic professional to just pinpoint the fault, we can do that as well.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr