Q: My car does not pick up like it use to in any gear

When i press the gas the truck get up and go is slow to respond, when i am going up a hill if i was doing 70+ mph when i hit the small hill it slows down drastically what could this be?

The problem sounds like you either have low fuel pressure or have a clogged fuel filter. have the fuel pressure checked and if it is good the try replacing the fuel filter to see if this fixes the problem. Also check the air filter to make sure it is factory style and is clean. If you are using the oil bath type aftermarket then you may need to replace it with a paper type and clean the mass airflow sensor.

Hi Lionel. Usually when you have a problem like this, it’s due to dirty fuel injectors, throttle body, EGR valve or mass air flow sensor. Worn out spark plugs and plug wires can also cause this type of acceleration issue. It would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can correctly diagnose the root source of your problem and recommend or complete the right repairs for you.

3. My car does not pick up like it use to in any gear