Q: how a code p2181 but the temp is normal

i have a 2010 vw cc turbo with a code p2181 and the temp is normal

Hi there. The code, P2181, stands for Cooling System Performance. This code is meant to give a certified mechanic a starting point to begin their investigation for car problems. In most cases, the code is triggered due to either overheating or when it is not achieving proper operating temperature; which can be caused by a failing thermostat and/or a failing water pump. If you’re not having overheating issues, it’s possible that the thermostat is faulty or a temperature sensor is damaged. It’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection to investigate whether or not this is a major problem or a damaged sensor that can be easily replaced.

3. how a code p2181 but the temp is normal