Q: 2012 Honda CRZ won't unlock with key fob and won't turn on

asked by on April 30, 2017

When the unlock button on the key is pressed, the car doesn't respond. After manually unlocking it and attempting to start it, the engine doesn't even turn over. Nothing powers on. What is likely wrong with it?

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It could be that your car battery is dead. If the battery is completely dead, there won’t even be enough power to unlock the doors. Everything you’ve succeeded in doing so far requires no electricity, but opening the doors remotely and all the lights and accessories on the instrument panel take a small amount of power. I don’t recommend your jumping off the car from your neighbor. I’ve seen many cases where people have done a great deal of expensive damage to their cars by doing that incorrectly. What I recommend is that you contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office to check out your dead battery and let you know why it’s dead and what it will take to fix it.