Q: Why is my car overheating? 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

My 2011 chevy cruze LT 1.4 L engine is over heating anf blowing cold air when the heater is on. We have changed the thermostat and water pump and heater core is fine and it has no leaks. What is wrong with it?

A: Hi. It sounds like there may be a problem w...

Hi. It sounds like there may be a problem with the radiator being clogged or just not operating properly. If the radiator is clogged or not operating properly, it will cause the car to overheat and the heat to blow cold. This happens because the radiator is not dissipating the heat from engine properly causing it to overheat. Even though the heater core seems find it could be clogged. A clogged heater core will cause overheating and the heater to blow cold air. I suggest you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic come and diagnosis your overheating problem precisely so that this can be repaired.