Q: Car oftentimes doesn't start, when it finally starts it doesn't stay running.

ok, my car has trouble starting, and when it does start, it doesnt like to stay running. at first i thought it was a no fuel issue, so i replaced my fuel pump and filter. still wouldnt start so i replaced my ignition module and replaced the crank sensor. im getting fuel, getting spark. when the car would finally start, it would stall at around 25 mph and not start again. so i replaced ecu, now it wont start again, i have no clue what to do next. what do you think that could be causing this issue

A: Hello there, many common faults will cause ...

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme to have a hard time starting and die after it starts. You have done great in replacing the crankshaft position sensor, fuel pump, fuel filter, and ignition module as these are all possible causes. With several parts replaces and the issues still remaining the car will need proper diagnosis to discover the issue. There are a few other possible causes such as the MAF (mass airflow) sensor, ignition coil, spark plugs, plug wires, battery, battery cables, or a wiring harness fault. To avoid making an unnecessary repair, a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your car's starting issue and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.