Q: I have a Toyota Corolla 2004 and it will star but shuts off quickly. My oil is very low and there appears to be oil on top of wher

asked by on June 03, 2017

I have a Toyota Corolla 2004 and it will start but shuts off quickly. My oil is very low ( My brother put oil in my car yesterday) and there appears to be oil on top of where you put the oil in. Once it is started white smoke comes from the exhaust pipes. The engine shakes roughly whenever the car is started as well.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In most cases when white smoke comes out of the exhaust pipe, it indicates that there is radiator coolant mixed with the engine oil. This is usually the result of an overheating situation which damages the head gasket or the cylinder head deck. However, there are several reasons why the engine will start then die that are not related to this condition. So, it’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection, so they can determine the root source of this problem and recommend the best course of action.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr