Q: My 2003 Dodge Durango will not move in reverse, but drives fine in drive?

I'm car drives fine in any gear except reverse?

Hi There, This is a somewhat common problem with the Dodge Durango transmissions and is often times linked to low transmission fluid for a period of time that will eventually result in the transmission bands being damaged similar to clutches being burnt. The bands in a transmission are steel bands that wrap around sections of the gear train and connect to the housing. They are actuated by hydraulic cylinders inside the case of the transmission. Usually, the reverse gar is the first to go when this happens. This could also be potentially linked to a bad transmission shift solenoid. As you know, the transmission works on hydraulic pressure built up from the fluid inside and uses this pressure to activate solenoids that cause the transmission to shift. When these are not working properly or when you have low transmission fluid, this does not happen which usually results in erratic shifting patterns, or in some cases no shifting at all. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My 2003 Dodge Durango will not move in reverse, but drives fine in drive?