Q: Clutch pedal stays on floor

My clutch pedal is staying all of the way on the floorboard, unless I pick it up with my foot or hand. The car stays in gear while the clutch pedal is down though, and I can ride in the gear it is stuck in while the pedal is down.

A: Hi, your Toyota has an Hydraulic Clutch sys...

Hi, your Toyota has an Hydraulic Clutch system with a master cylinder operated by the pedal and a slave cylinder that moves the clutch release bearing. It is possible you have a fluid leak or failed master or slave cylinder. Check the hydraulic/brake fluid reservoir on the clutch master cylinder to see if it is full. If it is full, then either the master cylinder or slave cylinder is by passing internally and needs replacement. If the fluid is low, inspect the outside of the master cylinder, the hydraulic line to the slave cylinder and the slave cylinder for fluid leaks on the outside. These procedures may need to be a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to insure proper diagnosis of your clutch pedal going to the floor and proper repair.