Q: Battery saver light on but diagnostic check by mechanic shows no issues and the warning started appearing after new battery instal

asked by on December 27, 2016

After new battery installed active battery saver light has started appearing Diagnostic check shows no issues with vehicle

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are parts of the charging system, like the alternator output, that are monitored directly by the computer with sensors. However, there are enough sensors in the system, the aspects that are not directly monitored will still trip others’ sensors and trigger the warning light. Without a diagnostic code from the computer, we will need to look to electrical testing for the wiring. When performing resistance and available voltage testing on the charging system, we can verify that all of the wires and components are working correctly. If any faults are found, corrective action can be taken. With that said, if no fault is found, the warning light can be reset. For more help with electrical testing for the charging system, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.