Q: Possible wheel bearing problem

My car is also growling, humming, and vibrating while driving it. I just replaced the brake pads and rotors, center carrier barrier, fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs and wires, and drive shaft sensor, so I don't think it's the engine or brake related. I also know that one of the rear wheel bearings was recently replaced prior to my purchasing the car. I did put on different tires, which seemed to help initially, but it has recently been getting louder and louder while accelerating. I did notice a click that I could feel in the steering wheel when trying to turn around last night too. I think it's a wheel bearing that needs to be replaced in the front, but I'm not sure if it's the driver's side, passenger's side, or both (or if it's a rear bearing). It does sound like a front wheel bearing to me, and that's where I'm feeling it the most.

A: Hub bearing failures are common. The descri...

Hub bearing failures are common. The description you gave is very typical of one. Bad hub bearings can sometimes vary in noise intensity when you turn left or right. This happens because more pressure is put on the bearings during a turn. If the bearing is bad enough it can separate and the wheel will come off the car along with the hub. Specialized tools are usually necessary to replace the bearing. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can help you identify which bearing is faulty and have the wheel bearing replaced for you if necessary.