Q: hello me again with the manifold tuning valve problem with the code P1005. please tell me what it does and what happens if not fix

hello me again with the manifold tuning valve problem with the code P1005. on the chrysler sebring 2008 please tell me what it does and what happens if not fixed thank you

Hi there. There are two different types of error codes that come up during a computer diagnostic exam. The first are called generic OBD-II trouble codes; that are relative to all cars, trucks and SUV’s sold in the United States. The other type of code is specific to a certain automotive manufacturer, like Ford specific of in your case, specific to only Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles. The P1005 Chrysler code indicates that there is a communication error from the ECU (your cars on board computer) and the Manifold Tuning Valve on the intake manifold. This component is designed to provide input to the fuel system as conditions and variables change. For example, as the weather gets hotter outside, there is less oxygen in the air. As air and fuel mix together, this "vapor" is then sprayed into the cylinder of your engine. If the ratio of fuel to air is too rich (meaning more fuel than air), your car will not run very well, it will consume more fuel than it should and could have starting problems. When you don’t replace the Manifold Tuning Valve, you are risking having serious engine problems through the year. I would recommend having this component replaced sooner rather than later; as it can progressively worsen the vehicle’s performance. I hope this info helps.

3. hello me again with the manifold tuning valve problem with the code P1005. please tell me what it does and what happens if not fix