Q: Brakes lock up during driving, if the car is stopped fast

While I'm driving, the brakes on my car lock up. It occurs during hard braking and especially if I drive on wet roads or if I am on a hill. It is very dangerous driving with this issue and I almost got into an accident. There are anit-lock brakes on my vehicle, I believe. I took the car to the mechanic, but he couldn't recreate the issue. Do you have any suggestions? I appreciate your help.

Hello. If the vehicle has anti-lock brakes, then it should not lock up like this. This will only occur if there is a sensor problem with the vehicle. I would start by installing a scan tool that can read the brake module information. Once this is installed, then I monitor the wheel speeds to see if they are correct. If they are, then it may have an issue with the yaw sensor. If you are not sure about the ABS, then you can turn on the key and see if there is an ABS light. If there is not, then the vehicle does not have ABS. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your brake system and make a diagnosis.