Q: Car was driving and made a turn and the check engine light went off and the battery light came on in a 2002 toyato avalon y

The car was driving and made a turn and the check engine light went off and the battery light came on. Car still has horn to blow and the lights, radio still operates. Not cranking though

It sounds like the engine stalled but you presently have a no start condition, specifically no starter motor operation. To get the vehicle started, first check to be sure that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. Prior to performing any diagnostics be sure you have a fully charged battery that passes a load test. If there is no starter motor operation at all, that is if there is no starter operation with the key held in the "start" position, the procedure is to test for power to the starter motor. If there is no power, then the electrical circuit supplying the motor has a fault. That circuit begins at the battery and includes grounds, wiring (some of which is very heavy cabling), fuses, relays, the ignition switch and terminations. Basically, with a fully charged battery, and with the key held in the "start" position, the starter is either getting power or it isn’t. With the key in the "start" position, if the starter motor is getting power but the starter doesn’t work, then the starter is condemned and replaced. On the other hand, with the key in the "start" position, if there is no power to the starter, then the circuit is traced until the fault in the circuit is found. In addition to a faulty ignition switch, faults can include high resistances, due to corrosion, wire strand breaks, or loose terminals, which can only be diagnosed using a voltage drop test. If you desire that a certified mechanic get the vehicle started and then deal with the stalling issue, please simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get the problem diagnosed and repaired for you. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.