Q: I have 1997 isuzu kb200 carburetter type, washed the engine and the car can not start

the car cannot start

Hello.

If your vehicle will not start after you washed the engine bay then it may be possible that something may have gotten wet.

The first thing I would do is check to see that there is no moisture in the distributor cap, or wires. If there is any water, even a small amount, it can cause the ignition system to short out and not function.

If everything appears to be dry then it may be possible that water has gotten in the carburetor and is causing issues.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the issue, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose your starting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. I have 1997 isuzu kb200 carburetter type, washed the engine and the car can not start