Q: AC works sporadically

The AC in my car sporadically stops working. It usually isn't functioning when the car has started. Occasionally, it would barely work even though the light is on and the settings are on full. However, it would start working great if I accidentally hit a rock on the road. I took it to the mechanic but he couldn't solve the issue because it was functioning then. He said the the connections are good. He also had the blower motor examined and it checks out fine. Do you have any idea what might cause this?

A: Hello. It sounds like you have an intermitt...

Hello. It sounds like you have an intermittent problem. If the A/C compressor or A/C pressure switch is working intermittently, this may cause the A/C to work intermittently as well. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of your A/C system in order to pinpoint your problem and make necessary repairs.