Q: Question about wheel size

asked by on April 08, 2017

I am needing to find a wheel so i can have a spare tire. Truck didnt have one when i bought it. Currently the truck has 245/75r16 tires on aftermarket wheels. What size rim or wheel do i need for a spare to match the current wheels? Is there somewhere on the wheels i have that would say? Thank you

Spare Tire Installation $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You want a wheel that has the same offset, backspacing, and width as your existing wheels in order to avoid handling problems. If you had OEM wheels, I could tell you the offset but inasmuch as you have aftermarket wheels, you may have to literally remove a wheel and directly measure the wheel or take a wheel/tire assembly to a large tire chain and ask them what the present offset and backspacing is. The offset could be zero, 10 mm, or a higher value. You might presently have 8 inch wide rim and of course you have to match the OEM bolt circle and dimension. If there are markings on your present rim, the markings may represent the just cited values (offset, diameter, etc.). If you need assistance, you can request spare tire - wheel selection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.