Q: How do I use the remote start?

How do I use the remote start?

If the vehicle is equipped with the remote start option, then the keyless entry system remote will have 4 buttons. The button at the top will have a curved arrow on it.

• Press the “lock” button before pressing the remote start button to start the vehicle’s engine.

• The turn signals will flash if this is successful in starting the engine. Hold the button down for about 4 seconds if you cannot see the turn signals. The parking lights will remain on if the engine has started.

• The vehicle will run for 10 minutes each time this is done.

• To cancel a remote start, simply hold down the button until the lights turn off, which will turn off the engine. To cancel a remote start while in the car, turn on the hazard lights, or if you have the key turn the ignition on and then off.

Tip

If there are any mechanical malfunctions or if coolant temperature gets too high, the engine will shut itself off.