Q: My steering wheel squeaks when turning left

I am having problem steering on my car. It doesn't happen too often, but sometimes after making a left turn, the steering wheel squeaks as I straighten the car out. Should I be concerned about this? My theory is that I bent something in the steering column when I previously had a broken ankle, because I would push on the steering wheel to help get out of the car. Also the steering is very tight, the wheel is difficult to move and a very slight movement of the wheel will result in a relatively major course correction at freeway speeds. The wheel will also not return completely back to straight if I let go of it. I can actually set it in a certain position, let go, and the car will go around a slight bend without my holding the wheel. Does this need fixed?

The problem does need to be fixed. The steering wheel shaft may be binding in the steering column. You may also have another problem with the front end if the squeaking noise is not coming from the steering column. If the column is squeaking then you should have a mechanic come look at it and diagnose the issue. Only a qualified mechanic should inspect it since the air bags on the steering wheel may need to be removed to diagnose and complete the repairs. A certified mobile YourMechanic can come examine the problem at your home or office.