Q: Malfunction of the tire pressure monitoring system

My car has a tire pressure monitoring system, with which I had some issues lately. I started the car the other day, after it sat the whole night in the garage. As the system indicated that the pressure was slightly low, I had the tires filled. As specified, I filled the front at 38 and rear 36. When it displayed the values, the pressure of the passenger's side tires was 39 on average with 77 temps range, whereas the pressure of driver's side tires was 32 on average with 116 temps range. This was displayed when I turn the car on and haven't driven it yet. What could be wrong here?

That is a rather complex tire pressure monitoring system used by Audi. Using multiple sensors, antennae, and control module, this may require the Audi manufacturer’s scan tool to communicate with in order to diagnose. A tire service center (that is very well trained and well-tooled) may be better equipped to help you in this scenario. Audi issued a technical service bulletin (TSB # 44-08-17) that mentions of an update to the TPMS module, so you may also want to check in with your dealer to see if A8 Quattro is covered.