Q: I just had my sparks plugged changed and the wires on my 2009 c6 corvette. The engining is still knocking and shaking. The light i

asked by on July 02, 2017

Hello this is a follow-up from my last question. I had a mobile mechanic come out and he told me I need spark plugs and wire changed. He changed it. But my car engine light still blinking and it's shocking and knocking still. When I drive it. It seems like it wants to turn off. It's shocking or putt putting. He said I need a new oil pressure pump installed. What do u think?

Given the relatively high mileage you might want to first test the engine compression in case low compression, perhaps due to valve and/or piston ring wear, is an underlying issue. If compression is good, any stored diagnostic trouble codes should be followed up on and resolved. At that point, if the problem remains, it has to be determined whether the engine is actively misfiring or simply lacks power and runs poorly. As far as the oil pump, given the high miles, oil pressure can be low due to increased bearing clearances. If oil pressure wasn’t already measured, that should be done and if the pressure is low it has to be determined if it is a pump fault or an engine wear problem. If the oil pressure is low due to engine wear, changing the pump will not resolve the issue. To get the poor engine running condition resolved, the recommended service is a rough idle/poor engine operation diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get the poor engine operation diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.