Q: locating obc relay

I'm trying to find out where a specific part is located; it's part number 65811373726, the OBC relay. I have already removed the gauge cluster, head unit, OBC, and several panels/swithches on the dash. I think it may be located behind the ECU, or behind the glovebox, but I'm not sure which. The car is a 1992 BMW 318 ic with the M42 engine. It is an e30 chassis, not an e36 (they made the e30 in convertible form for 2 years after changing to the e36 chassis for other models). Please tell me what I need to remove to replace this part, I already have the replacement. The last mechanic asked for the VIN, which is WBABA731NEJ12949. Thank you!

Hi there, thanks for writing in.

The OBC relay box should be located under the dash on the driver side. You will need to remove the lower dash panel on the driver side, and it will be in that area. If you are unable to locate it, and would like help from a qualified professional, YourMechanic can send a qualified technician to your home or work to solve your electrical issue.