Q: Have problems with my 96 chevy pickup 350 vortec runs great go to stop and engine miss fires give it gas and runs smooth it has N

asked by on October 02, 2016

Has new fuel pump New distributior misfired randomly sometimes when stoping at idle give gas runs smooth till you reach speed then you feel it miss again. Got any ideas I should check I thought maybe coil

Hello.

Misfires can be caused by many things. A few common causes are problems with the ignition, fuel, or engine management systems. If the fuel pump and distributor are new, then they are likely not the source of the issue. A few things I would check are the ignition coil, ignition module, and spark plugs. If those all check out I would move on to looking at the engine management system. Similar symptoms can also be caused by a vacuum leak, either through a gasket or hose.

Regards,

Eduardo YourMechanic