Q: How do you program a new personal entry code into the keyless entry system?

How do you program a new personal entry code into the keyless entry system?

If your car is equipped with the keyless entry keypad, it came with a default access code. This five-digit code lets you work the locks from the keypad. However, you can also change it to something else if you prefer. Here’s how to do that:

1. Enter the default code with the keypad.

2. Press the 1 and 2 buttons within five seconds of entering your default code.

3. Watch/listen for the doors to lock and unlock once.

4. Enter the code you want to use.

5. Press the 1 and 2 button. This will assign the code to Driver 1. Make sure the locks cycle.

6. Repeat the process again to add other personal codes for Driver 2 and Driver 3.

Tips

• You can have up to 3 personal access codes.

• Avoid using any numbers in sequence when programming your code (12345, for instance).

• You cannot delete the default access code, so it can always be used (if a personal code is forgotten).

3. How do you program a new personal entry code into the keyless entry system?