Q: trouble starting

I'm the last month or less my car has had problems. Started with cutting out and back firing while trying to accelerate (replaced coil). Then it started having the same troubles again and this time trouble starting (replaced plugs & cables). Now the car won't start at all. What could be the problem? 89 Buick Lesabre.

Hi. Well it sounds like you may have a bad fuel pump. The age of the car would bring me to this conclusion. They will typically last around 150,000 to 250,000 miles, but sometimes less. First, I would have a technician come out and inspect the electrical components in your vehicle to make sure they are not the issue. They can also test if there is enough fuel pressure running through your vehicle by spraying some starting fluid in the throttle body. If it starts, then you know you’re not getting enough fuel. A certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, can replace the fuel pump and inspect the rest of the fuel system to make sure nothing else is damaged.