Q: My car is making a clunky noise and gets louder on acceleration. The check engine and power steering light is on

My car is making a loud noise around the fan belt. When I accelerate it gets louder.

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a fan belt that is failing or loose or the power steering pump is failing. I would start by checking the tightness and the condition of the belt. It may need to be replaced or the tensioner may be a problem. If the belt is fine, then the power steering pump may be failing. If you need to have your steering issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect this noise for you and make or suggest the necessary repairs your car will need.