Q: My car is making a clunky noise and gets louder on acceleration. The check engine and power steering light is on

My car is making a loud noise around the fan belt. When I accelerate it gets louder.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you may have a fan belt that is failing or loose or the power steering pump is failing. I would start by checking the tightness and the condition of the belt. It may need to be replaced or the tensioner may be a problem. If the belt is fine, then the power steering pump may be failing. If you need to have your steering issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect this noise for you and make or suggest the necessary repairs your car will need.

3. My car is making a clunky noise and gets louder on acceleration. The check engine and power steering light is on