Q: No crank, no start and dash clicking 2000 Ford Focus

asked by on February 25, 2017

I have a 00' Ford Focus when I turn the key to the on position I get no crank and a rapid clicking (not from starter) it comes from inside the car around the dash, can't even be heard unless you're inside. Even if I let the key go and just stay in the on position the clicking continues and lights and radio don't work.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - I believe you have a problem with either your ignition switch (worn contacts) or the starter relay. Both of these components are capable of causing the electrical, "no start" issues you describe. I recommend a "no start" inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.