Q: Window motor broken

The front passenger's side window motor is completely broken. It stays open about an inch and will not close.

If your window motor is not engaging, it is likely that the motor has gone bad. It is also possible that the switch has gone bad, unless the window also rolls down, which would indicate that the switch is likely good since it allows the window to go in at least one direction. If the window rolls down fine and rolls up fine but will not roll up all the way, you may have a restriction of some kind that prevents your window from rolling up fully.

I would recommend having your power window system inspected by a professional to ensure that the problem gets diagnosed correctly.

3. Window motor broken