Q: Oil pressure

asked by on September 10, 2017

My car over heated and suddenly the oil pressure light came on and oil gauge read at zero and car felt like I had lost power. The dip stick is normal when I checked it .

Oil Pressure Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Manuel. Thanks for contacting us today. In many instances when a car overheats, a lot of electrical or warning light issues could occur. When a car overheats, excessive steam collects under the hood, which can cause damage to electrical connectors and sensors - such as the oil pressure sensor. It’s possible that this is the source of your issue. However, overheating also can create damage inside the motor as well. The best way to have this diagnosed correctly is to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an oil light inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr