Q: Hard to start,strong smell of gas

Hard to start, strong smell of gas. New timming. New distributor. New ignitor. New mas air flow sensor

It sounds like you may have a fuel pressure regulator that may be leaking, causing the motor to be in an excessively rich condition at start up, which would also explain the strong fuel smell. I would suggest checking for any broken vacuum lines as well as changing the engine oil. Any traces of fuel in the oil may also confirm a leaking fuel pressure regulator. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.

3. Hard to start,strong smell of gas