Q: Hard to start,strong smell of gas

Hard to start, strong smell of gas. New timming. New distributor. New ignitor. New mas air flow sensor

It sounds like you may have a fuel pressure regulator that may be leaking, causing the motor to be in an excessively rich condition at start up, which would also explain the strong fuel smell. I would suggest checking for any broken vacuum lines as well as changing the engine oil. Any traces of fuel in the oil may also confirm a leaking fuel pressure regulator. If you need further help with this, please reach out to us here at YourMechanic as we are always here to help.