Q: Q: engine will crank up but won't turn over

The last time the car was driven. It wouldn't start back up, it was very hot under the hood, wouldn't take a boost jump. Once it cooled down, it would crank up but would not start up. This had happened once before my mechanic locates a bad fuse in a box near the battery, replaced it and it started up instantly, but not this time.

Hello and thanks for your question. With a vehicle that has only 7, 131 miles it should be working just fine. The engine will get hot after operating in driving conditions, especially if the engine was to be accelerated hard. Check the battery to see if it is holding a charge. If the battery is not holding a charge, then when you can start the vehicle, check to see if the battery posts are getting a higher voltage. If you are getting a higher voltage of 13.5 to 14.7, then the alternator is working just fine. If you hook up the jump box or hook up jumper cables from another vehicle and the cables start to get hot, then the starter has failed in your vehicle. If you have replaced the battery and alternator, then the problem lies with the starter. I recommend replacing the starter. If you have ruled out all of the starting issues, then I recommend having a technician, preferably a YourMechanic technician take a look at the starting system and help you diagnose the problem.

3. Q: engine will crank up but won't turn over