Q: Won't start after driving uphill and oil pressure light came on.

I drive a 2002 Toyota 4-runner. Recently was driving it uphill and my friend suggested I put it into 2nd to gain more power. I know nothing about cars for the record. Driving at about 65 in 2nd there was an audible pop, oil pressure light came on, sounded like a broken belt slapping something, engine lost power. Once pulled over white smoke around engine and some back near the muffler. Checked the oil and it was still full but white smoke came out of the dipstick tube. It won't start now. Any ideas?

It sounds like you blew a head gasket or broke the timing belt. Over revving the engine in second gear may have caused the timing belt to break. It will not start and this is an interference engine that bends valves when the belt breaks. You most likely will need a motor replacement since new cylinder heads and broken or damaged engine pistons would cost more than a used engine. If you want to have this diagnosed by a professional in person, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s starting issue.

3. Won't start after driving uphill and oil pressure light came on.