Q: I had an oil change on Friday -- dash indicator still says I am at 10% oil

First time I've ever used Synthetic Oil (on my mechanic's recommendation), and my car is showing that I'm at 10% and the oil light in the dash remains on even several days after the oil change. Is this normal?

Synthetic oil is primarily designed for high performance driving and high mileage driving, although it will not hurt your vehicle at all. The 10% dash light is an indicator that is measured by the amount of mileage in between oil changes. The mechanic may have simply just forgotten to reset the light which is usually done at each oil change. You can easily do this yourself by doing the following:

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position
  2. If the engine oil life is not displayed, press the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel repeatedly until it is
  3. Press and hold the SEL/RESET button on the steering wheel for more than 10 seconds
  4. The remaining engine oil life reset mode will be shown on the multi-information display
  5. Select Reset by pressing the INFO (up and down arrow icons) button, then press the SEL/RESET button to reset the engine oil life display
  6. The maintenance item code(s) will disappear and the engine oil life will reset to 100%
  3. I had an oil change on Friday -- dash indicator still says I am at 10% oil