Q: What’s the range on the electronic key?

What’s the range on the electronic key?

Your electronic key lets you lock and unlock the doors, the rear hatch and even start the car. However, it needs to be with you to do that. You also have to be within range of one of the antennas on the car. Here’s what you should know about the range of your electronic key:

• You need to be less than 2.5 feet from the door to unlock it. That includes the driver front and passenger front doors, as well as the rear hatch.

• You need to have the key inside the car to use the start/stop button to crank or shutoff the engine.

Tip

There are five antennas on the car associated with the electronic key (one on each front door, one on the hatch and two inside the car).

3. What’s the range on the electronic key?