Q: Engine oil leak should I use Stop leak?

What's the strongest stop leak to help limit the oil leak from my turbo.Is it worth buying a used turbo over a new one if I can't afford a new one?

A: I would advise against putting stop-leak i...

I would advise against putting stop-leak in your engine. If you have already done so, I recommend you change the oil right away. Many aftermarket manufacturers are selling products that look like a good answer to a complicated problem, but can in fact lead to more problems. I would be very worried about some of the more sensitive components like the valve drive system being affected by the stop leak. It may end up costing you more money than just replacing the turbocharger. As for the turbocharger, you need to check the crankcase vents and the oil return line. If either of these is partially blocked it can cause the turbocharger to leak, usually into the exhaust or intake side causing lots of smoke. If you have a severe leak and can’t afford a new turbocharger, You may be able to buy a good used one, but that’s a risky purchase and you could also end up wasting a lot of money on a part that is no better than the one you have. It’s a tough call, but if you contact Your Mechanic, you can have a technician come to your home or office and check out your car and advise you on what to do next.