Q: clutch pedal droppedto floor

asked by on February 20, 2017

pushed clutch pedal dropped to the floor had to pull it back up with foot changed master cylinder and tank slave cylinder and the hose that goes between them bled the car still no pressure or pedal just goes to floor

There are a limited number of issues that can cause the clutch pedal to drop to the floor, and stay there. A failed clutch pressure plate, failed clutch master/slave cylinder, malfunctioning clutch pedal assembly, or having air in the clutch hydraulic system. Honestly, air in the system is where I would look first. Some hydraulic clutches are notoriously hard to bleed, and of course, any air in the system will lead to less than optimum performance. There are several different ways to bleed this type of system: pressure, gravity, vacuum, etc. Not all types of bleeding work with all systems, although vacuum bleeding is my normal fall back when I run into a system that is being extremely difficult. It is a little more time consuming, and labor intensive, but it will normally get the job done. If any of this sounds like something you could use some hands on help with, I would suggest contacting a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.