Q: Car sounds like golf cart when revving and braking; also leaking fluid; sound fades as car warms up

When I first start car in morning a loud continuous squeal that fades after 20-30 secs. It's leaking fluid/oil. Everyday it sounds worse. When I back out the driveway it's quiet but when I get out to close my gate (put in park) it sounds like a golf cart with intermittent grating sounds peppered in. My car sounds like a golf cart/weed wacker when driving. Sound mostly disappears if I keep driving for a while. But the next day, there is more fluid in the drive way (not only oil), and the sound is worse.

Hello, There are a number of things that could make an engine noisy when starting up. Depending on the specific type of sound you are referring to, this will determine how to properly diagnose. If there is a bit of a hissing sound, this may be a sign of a vacuum leak. If this is more of a shrieking sound, this may be a sign of a worn out or out of adjustment serpentine belt. If there is a bit of a howling or growling sound, this may be a sign of a worn out or low on fluid power steering pump. A rattling or pinging sound may be caused by an ignition problem. An engine can ping (or knock) due to an improper combustion process. A "spark knock" is the result of combustion occurring too early. Early combustion can occur from carbon buildup inside the combustion chamber, a lean air/fuel mixture, and advanced ignition timing (spark plug firing too soon). A clattering type sound may be a result of improper lubrication in the valve train which could be a more serious problem and should be addressed as soon as possible. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to ensure everything is in proper working order.

3. Car sounds like golf cart when revving and braking; also leaking fluid; sound fades as car warms up