I have a 2012 chevy cruze my and I have a code that poppe...

Q: I have a 2012 chevy cruze my and I have a code that popped up p0171 for system lean bank 1 what could it ?

asked by on June 07, 2017

I have a p0171 code for system to lean bank 1. I cleaned the MAF sensor and the permanent code went away but now popped up again as a normal code I don't know if I have bad o2 sensor or vacuums leak. I don't know how to tell if the o2 sensor is bad or if itfs a vacuums leak

A number of things may cause code P0171 to be triggered. As the code indicates, this means there is a lean fuel condition which may be caused by a lack of fuel supply or in some cases, a vacuum leak. When a vacuum leak is present, this introduces an excessive amount of air into the fuel/air mixture which results in leaning out the fuel content. Other problems such as a faulty fuel pressure regulator, a faulty fuel pump, a clogged fuel filter, faulty fuel injectors, faulty oxygen sensors, or a faulty mass air flow sensor may also cause this to happen. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.