Q: I need to know if the transmission and motor mounts would work if I switch a 2.2L with a 4.3L.

I need to know if the transmission and motor mounts would work if I switch a 2.2L with a 4.3L. The 2.2 is my 96' isuzu and I going to take 4.3 out of my 92' s-10.

A: Hi there. The motor mounts themselves will ...

Hi there. The motor mounts themselves will not work, but you will be able to fit the 4.3 in the vehicle easily if you use the mounts for the 4.3. Also, the transmission will work the same. One thing that will not work is the electronics. You will need the computers and the wiring for the 4.3 for it to work in your truck. It will also require some programming. Once that is done it should work just fine.