Q: Car steering wobble at speed of 40 kmph

asked by on October 26, 2016

Car wobble at 50 kmph but stop wobble at 60 to 70 kmph why this so

Car has bouncy and unstable ride Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - there are a couple of possibilities for this behavior, all of them a safety concern. A tire with separating tread can behave in this fashion - an air bubble can form inside the tire which causes low speed "wobble", which can then fail at high speed. Loose wheel bolts/lug nuts can also act in this fashion, with the possibility of the wheel coming off. I would recommend having a car has a bouncy and unstable ride inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.