Q: car won't start and no fuel pressure at rail but great at the filter

I have no fuel preserver at the rail but got great fuel pressure at the fuel filter . This all started while I was driving and when I went to take off from the stop light the car just shut off and won't start up it cranks but won't fire up . Looking to find out what could stop the pressure at the rail when I have great pressure at the filter and what I can do to fix the problem

If the pressure drop exists "through" the fuel filter, then the fuel filter should be replaced. If the pressure at the exit side of the fuel filter is normal and yet the pressure on the fuel rail is essentially zero, it’s possible the fuel pressure regulator has failed wide open, essentially preventing sufficient pressure from building. You just want to be sure that in diagnosing pressure on the fuel rail the schrader valve connection, if equipped and if you are testing through that valve, is actually opening properly to get an accurate fuel pressure reading. If you want the issue diagnosed, and the regulator replaced, if required, the service to request from YourMechanic is fuel pressure regulator diagnostic/replacement.

• car won't start and no fuel pressure at rail but great at the filter