Q: Plastic cover dragging on ground

asked by on February 12, 2016

The part that protects the undercarriage of my car is dragging on the ground.

Hello. This is probably your front undertray panel, which is usually held in place with quick turn plastic screws. Probably during your last oil change or maintenance, the technician did not get those quick turn screws installed correctly, so they eventually fell out, causing the panel to hang down. Any qualified body shop can quickly fix this problem. You would probably want to replace all the screws to ensure that the panel is installed with maximum efficiency.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr