Q: Has juice but does nothing when you turn the key

asked by on September 13, 2016

It has power. The radio and everything comes on but it does nothing when you turn the key. It does have a shut off and Gps tracker through the dealership but it's not that. But it's doing like it does when they have shut it off. It started yesterday after moving fuses around but then when I tried later it was low battery(brand new battery so it shouldn't have been low) charged battery and now it's not starting at all again.

Hello. A no crank condition can be caused by a few things. A few common causes are a bad ignition switch, starter relay, or starter. It may be possible that the ignition switch is worn out and no longer functions to start the vehicle.

It may also be possible that the relay that sends power to the starter solenoid has failed, and is cutting off power from the starter. A faulty starter can also cause a no crank condition, if the solenoid fails. I would first make sure that the vehicle’s fuses are all good, and that the anti-theft features are not causing the issue. Once those things are verified, I would start looking at the ignition switch, starter, and the associated components. If you would like to have all of this checked for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the hard start and guide you through necessary repairs.