Q: I have a 2013 Ford Edge. Every now and then I get a service all Trac light when I'm stopped and ready to turn off engine. Do I n

Every now and then I get a service all Trac when I'm about to shut off the engine. Do I need to get it serviced and how much would it cost?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The traction control system utilizes many inputs from other system to work correctly. This means the issue can be coming from any of those inputs which include the ABS system, or a sensor for the TC system. The first thing to do when you get any kind of warning light is to scan the vehicle so we can figure out what part of the traction control has failed its test. Once you have that information you can use it to help diagnose the actual problem, and then we can figure out how much it will cost you. Fortunately, you can have the vehicle scanned by a technician, or at most automotive parts stores. With that being said, at parts stores they are only going to tell you what codes, or issues the vehicle may be having. They cannot take diagnosis any further than that, but it is a starting point. For more help resolving the issue, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I have a 2013 Ford Edge. Every now and then I get a service all Trac light when I'm stopped and ready to turn off engine. Do I n