Q: Car battery light came on and while driving my car suddenly stalled and my steering wheel got really stiff

Before I get my alternator replaced I want to make sure this is the reason causing my car to stall while driving. Just today while trying and while turning my car steering suddenly got really stiff and my car battery light turned on and my car started to slow down on its on

Your problem could be as simple as a broken accessory drive belt - sometimes called a serpentine belt. This belt drives both the alternator and power steering pump. It is also possible the engine stalled for some reason, with the same symptoms. To best diagnose this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of your stalling vehicle and help suggest any repairs.

• Car battery light came on and while driving my car suddenly stalled and my steering wheel got really stiff