Can I drive 500 miles with a bad ignition coil? l4-2.4l i...

Q: Can I drive 500 miles with a bad ignition coil?

asked by on November 11, 2016

I have had a bad ignition coil in my car since June but otherwise my car is mechanically sound. It's made it from Atlanta to Winston Salem and Atlanta to Richmond VA twice. I need to go to Virginia again this weekend. Can I make it?

Unfortunately, a faulty ignition coil is known for randomly failing with or without warning. There are usually indications that it may be failing, however, it is often times difficult to know just how long it may last once it begins to start failing. If possible, I would I would try to have the faulty ignition coil addressed before leaving, otherwise, a long road trip would be risky.