Q: Q: Steering wheel locked

The other day I had some problems putting the key into the ignition. But then, the steering wheel locked out on me when I started driving. I'm unable to move the steering wheel now and cannot turn the key so that I could start the truck. How can this be fixed?

This is a pretty common problem on Ford trucks. Typically, you can get the steering wheel to unlock by turning the wheel side to side while also turning the key forward. If this doesn’t work you likely need to replace the ignition cylinder. A professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the issue with your key and steering wheel, then suggest a fix from there.

3. Q: Steering wheel locked